Welcome to MCHSA
Who we are:
Why home school? Families decide to home school for many reasons. Most often there are concerns about what children are being taught in public schools. Children are taught that there are no moral absolutes, authority is to be challenged, and there is no God. In addition, public schools are an increasingly more dangerous place to be. There are drugs and guns even in elementary schools.
Why not home school? The reasons I hear most are that the children who are home-schooled will not have any friends since they don't go to school to meet anyone and parents are not qualified to teach their own children. The first objection is a very real danger. If you stay at home all day and have school and your children never get out of the house to play with other children, they will not learn how to properly interact with other children. In addition, a parent intending to home-school needs to be truly committed to teaching their child. It is challenging at times and requires dedication.
MCHSA exists to answer the objections to home schooling. We currently have over fifty families enrolled. We provide a monthly news letter filled with a wide variety of activities and field trips for the children and a forum for parents to discuss the challenges and rewards of home schooling and an opportunity to get help in subjects where they may need it.
Our Vision is to create a network of families who share their Christian and home school experiences together in order to uplift God, support each other, and develop meaningful friendships that will last far longer than the time our children are in school.
We strongly encourage families to get to know each other on a personal level so that they will be able to help each other in not only the academics of homeschooling but the other issues which come up in life that all home-schoolers face.
|Presidents||Dennis and Karen Kaptain||972-222-6020|
To join MCHSA,
- Contact any of our officers.
- MCHSA Membership Rules
If you are new to homeschooling and have any questions: please feel free to email . See our FAQ page.
Learn about the Leeper Decision which confirms that homeschooling IS legal in the State of Texas.
Statement of Faith
- We believe in one God who eternally exists as three persons, the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
- The Bible is the inspired and only infallible Word of God.
- We are all sinners who have sinned against a perfectly Holy God.
- The wages of our sin is spiritual death (eternal separation from God).
- God sent His Son to pay for our sins. Jesus was born of a virgin, lived a perfectly sinless life, and was crucified. On the third day after His death, He rose physically from the dead, and then ascended into Heaven where He now is seated at the right hand of the Father.
- The only way to forgiveness is through the sacrificial death of Jesus Christ.
- This forgiveness is a free gift that cannot be earned through good deeds or any other action. It is achieved only through faith in Christ and that His death is sufficient payment for all our sins.
Forget the Members Page password? Click HERE.
See Newsletters, our Member Directory, and Other stuff on Our Members Only Pages
Join our MCHSA Yahoo Group
Join our MCHSA co-op Yahoo Group
!!! Read this !!! - Internet Safety Page - !!! Read this !!!
MCHSA Newsletter Ad Rates.
For help, questions, or information send mail to: .
See our FAQ page Here
Advertise in our newsletter
Local Companies we support. Please shop here!
Homeschooling Facts (and other good stories) from Reason.com
Homeschooling Facts (and other good stories) from National Anxiety Center
The Homeschool Magazine - A very helpful and informative magazine for anyone who homeschools
Other Helpful Links:
- HomeschoolFacts.com A very good site with lots of helpful information.
- Home School Legal Defense Association
- North Texas Home Educators Network
- Home Educators Resource your one stop shop for home school education cirriculum and supplies.
- Christian Educators Resource center CERC is a Texas based Non-Profit Association providing support to the home education community in the North East Texas area.
- A Home Education is a homeschool information resource from the UK. None of the "legal" information applies here in the USA but there is a lot of good information about homeschooling in general.
- Get Firefox
- Libertarianism - Catch the Wave!
- Alliance for the Separation of School and State
- World's Smallest Education Survey
- Libertarian Party
This page has had 10924 visits.